Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Doodly goodness

It's time for another doodle entry!
These are all from the same sketchbook.
I tend to take my sketchbook with me everywhere I go, so if I get bored, I have something to do!
Occasionally, I'll see something really grand, which I will then put to paper, and so the creation happens.
Regardless, here are some general musings:



















This was a fun personal project. I was obsessed with smoke for a while, and I thought I would try to render it in as many ways as I could. This is one of them. I covered the sketchbook pages with blue tissue paper, then stitched the smoke pattern through the paper, and colored on top of the tissue paper.





















This is my loving partner, who I adore. He has been subjected to many candid drawings over the course of our five-year relationship.





















Halfway through this drawing (done at the cafe I work at), I found myself asking, "Mindy, what the hell are you doing?This is way too detailed for you to be sane!"




















Through my relatively short life, the one thing I have found to be true is that change is the only constant.






























This was drawn from memory of a Ratatat concert I attended last year. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment