Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Coffee Shop Series

An original series from Mindy


I have always been fascinated with coffee shops, though I didn't start drinking the brew until college. For the last four years I've found myself working in coffee shops, and not because I'm a follower of the bean. (Though that has a bit to do with it). I'm entranced with the nature of these laptop-lover havens. I have learned a great deal about people through working at a coffee shop. I see them love, I see them laugh, I see them work, I see them cry. The atmosphere that coffee shops exude is one of comfort and safety. The environment is nicely-designed, and people flock here to relax and to chat. Even if one doesn't enjoy coffee, they will still come, just to feel the aura of the coffee shop.

My goal in this photography series was to capture the sense of rest from the overwhelming monsoon of everyday worries and stress. It is to capture people in their relaxation, when they can finally let their guard down and enjoy that cup a joe.

Created using medium format film, enjoy.














































No comments:

Post a Comment